So, as promised, here is the recipe for my Chocolate Cake plus two different kinds of toppings to choose from.
- 2 ½ cups oat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate vinegar (apple cider is fine too)
- 1 ¾ cups raw sugar
Mix all dry ingredients except the raw sugar together. In a separate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients and the raw sugar. Heat the wet ingredients in the microwave for about a minute and mix together until raw sugar is dissolved. Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry until smooth (you can use a hand mixer, if you prefer). The batter won’t be very thick. Pour batter into your oiled cake pan. Bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes. Let the cake cool before adding any topping to it.
Option 1: German Chocolate Icing
- 2 tablespoons whipped honey
- 2 teaspoons caramel agave nectar (or regular agave nectar will work)
- 1 tablespoon butter or your favorite substitute (do not melt it)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Mix all ingredients together and chill for about 30 minutes before applying to cake.
Option 2: Peanut Butter Glaze
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk (or favorite substitute)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Ground peanuts for garnish (optional)
Mix all ingredients except for the ground peanut garnish together and mix until creamy with a hand mixer. Drizzle glaze over the cake and top with ground peanuts.
~Elesha, a skinnyfat girl