The predicted temperature today was 80 degrees; it hasn’t reached 60 all day long. This feels pretty cold when you live in Texas and just experienced a record-breaking scorcher of a summer. I am absolutely ready for winter; I can’t seem to stop shopping for boots, coats, and sweaters. One of the greatest things (I said one of the greatest things; there are many more I can think of) about cold weather is curling up in a cozy blanket with a good book and preferably with a steaming cup of hot chocolate, make that cheesecake hot chocolate.
The first thing you will need to do is make your cheesecake mixture. Now it may seem silly to make an entire cheesecake batter just to make hot chocolate, but trust me, it will not go to waste. This batter is great for making fruit parfaits and for eating entire spoonfuls right out of the bowl. This batter is also destined to be featured in future cheesecake recipes and also in an upcoming post for cream puffs.
- 1 package Mori-Nu silken tofu (you can find this on Amazon or at your local health food store)
- 1 package/container neufchatel cheese or vegan cream cheese
- Juice from one lemon or lime
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup agave nectar/honey/maple syrup (or combination)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth, eat a large spoonful.
Now it’s time to make magic.
Cheesecake Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups unsweetened milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 cup cheesecake batter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
Bring milk and cheesecake batter to a boil.
Add in vanilla, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Keep at a boil, stirring constantly, until completely blended.
Grab your cozy blanket, book (or Kindle), and enjoy this extra creamy chocolate delight.
~Elesha, a skinnyfat girl